The patient details:
- Age 52 years
- Heart disease
- normal weight and height
- Good water intake in past
- Met with an accident and was bed ridden. She broke her pelvis bone and could not take side turn.
- Took syrups and other laxatives. But nothing was helpful.
Stopped passing stool after 2 days of being confined to bed.
Water intake maintained at around 2.5 litres a day.
Problems – She had to pass urine 40-50 times in a day. Gas started building up. After every hour she will have a feeling to pass stool, but there was no motion / stool for last 5 days.
- Stopped water intake for 24 hours.
- Passed stool in about 12 hours.
- Since then passing normal stool every day.
- Mainly water intake on very low side for one day and on second day 1500-2000 ml water.
- This is the only cure of constipation