Top Acidity Blogs
Acidity Review of leading web sites and blogs on Acidity
Acidity refers to a set of symptoms caused by an imbalance between the acid secreting mechanism of the stomach and proximal intestine and the protective mechanisms that ensure their safety. The stomach normally secretes acid that is essential in the digestive process. The above definition is not helpful. In the same para, the above link says acidity could be due to more acids released by stomach or it can be even when acids are normal or even low. With this kind of definition, I cannot think of any reaching a solution of acidity. The only think that makes some sense to my mind is imbalance in the mechanism. That is admission of not knowing anything. And that is thing that can help find a cure. Admission of truth is important. I admitted to this truth and found perfect cure of acidity. Then comes the funniest part – Investigation and Diagnosis. Investigate the unknown and Diagnose the unknown. They will investigate your family, smoking, past medicine use (but they will never say that cause of disease is medicines), stress (stress is second God figure for them, unknown can be dealt with another unknown), alcohol (everyone knows that everyone who consumes alcohol does not get acidity), spicy food (those who eat spicy food almost never get acidity – http://www.webmd.com/heartburn-gerd/america-asks-9/spicy-foods – debunks this theory of spices being the culprit for acidity. And webmd is much more credible then this web site). The fact remains – and – Loud and Clear – That there is no long term relief by any of these medicines. They stop the immediate symptoms and create more serious problems in future. Look for someone Honest. And seriously I may be that person.
An excess or imbalance. This web site is not sure. And the suggested remedies are dangerous –
- Drink a glass of water before going to bed. This will cause problem in getting sleep.
- Basil leaves, cinnamon, buttermilk etc are other equally dangerous. Some of these deal with excess acids and some with less acids. And the underlying problem is something else. And on top this is billed as home remedy.
And trust me, nobody has cured his acidity by using all these in their life time. I suffered from acute acidity myself and tried every thing available in the market or home remedies.
This web site is slightly honest in that it does not mislead by giving a lecture on causes. It straight away gives you cures. And cures that give you relief in a jiffy. My God people in this world are so illiterate they could never understand the benefits of these cures inspite of lacs of ayurved doctors in the country. Let us look at the cures.
- Banana – Are they really making a fun of you. Banana has potassium nothing new in that. Every one knows. Than comes the full toss – banana helps by keeping a check on acid production. The fact is that potassium in Bananas cause more acid production and that gives relief in case of acidity caused due to low stomach acids. It also tries to given temporary relief in some cases. But in long run it is useless. Main problem of acidity or any other disease is imbalance of acids in your body. And we must look at creating a balance. Banana pH level is 5. Which makes it very acidic. It causes increase in body acid. And in most of the cases cause of acidity is low acid production by stomach. http://onlineathens.com/health/2013-11-11/peoples-pharmacy-do-bananas-harm-or-help-stomach.
- Tulsi leaves (Basil leaves) – http://www.livestrong.com/article/49334-use-basil-control-acid-reflux/. Too much is bad. Why is it bad. pH level of basil is 5.5. That makes it an acid. The ulcers can be killed using mild acids. It will help in cleaning up the ulcers. But the cause still survives – the imbalance of acids in the body. Side effects of Tulsi leaves – Holy basil might slow bloodclotting, so there is a concern that it could increase the risk of bleeding during and after surgery. Stop using holy basil at least 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery. http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-1101-holy%20basil.aspx?activeingredientid=1101. This also has vitamin C and potassium – both promote more acid production in the body. But in long run it kills the body. Basil leaves have Eugenol oil. Eugenol Side Effects – Eugenol overdose can occur if too much is ingested. The recommended dose is two to five drops, three times a day. Symptoms of overdose include shallow breathing, blood in the urine or sputum, mouth and throat burns, nausea, racing heartbeat, seizures, dizziness and coma. You should contact a doctor or poison control center immediately if any of these symptoms occur. These should give you enough proof that it is used as a liquid knife to cut open the ulcers. It causes swelling because it kills more cells and causes them to release the fluids.
- Cold Milk – The suggestion is to mix it with a spoon of ghee. On the other hand fried things are blamed for acidity. The other web site says in short term it is ok and it may give relief from acidity but in long run it causes acidity. https://www.sharecare.com/health/gerd/can-milk-soothe-acid-reflux
- Saunf or aniseed – It help in acidity as per web site. But there are claims on other web sites which mention that aniseed may cause allergic reactions of the skin, respiratory tract, and GI tract. http://www.drugs.com/npc/anise.html.
Keep looking for updates here