Weight Loss Blog 2016-04-04
Weight Loss Blog 2016-04-04 – Why should you lose weight by following a particular regimen? I will try to stick to things which are easy and clear to a common man.
1. There are 24 hours in a day.
2. 24 x 60 (minutes = 1440 minutes in a day.
3. Average calories burned in a minute = 2160 (Average Food intake)/1440 = 1.5 calories per minute.
4. If you focus burning calories during exercise and miss the calories that are burned for rest of the period you will not achieve the goal that you set out for.
5. If you are over weight and do high intensity or medium intensity exercises, you get tired within 5 to 10 minutes. That is no rocket science. After that you need very high amount of will power to go along your chosen regimen.
6. Once you get tired you do not consume calories in at normal weight. At that time the body gets into emergency mode and starts conserving calories. This is also no rocket science. So quite likely after 5 minutes of high intensity exercise and after rest of 10 minutes you will start burning calories at the rate of 1.25 calories. And other way to make up for less calories would be high intake of calories. in next 23 hours you will save 0.25 x 1380 = 345 calories.
7. In 5 minute high intensity exercise you will not burn more than 40 calories. And you will lose business and work as well due to being tired all the time.
8. What if you do very low intensity exercise for few minutes only. 10 minutes normal walking. Not even brisk walking.
9. In 10 minutes you will burn 10 to 20 calories more than normal. After 10 minutes of walking, you will feel energetic and warm. You feel more alert, since you just made your body generate more calories by firing more amount of oxygen in the calorie burning engine. So you may keep burning 2 or more calories for next 60 minutes.
10. After 60 minutes again walk for 10 minutes.
11. This way you will be burning at the rate of 2 calories per minute for day time of 16 hours.
12. When you sleep you will have burned excess calories for the entire day without tiring yourself. So you will get very sound sleep. Sound sleep means deep breathing. Deep breathing means more calories. May be 2 calories or even at 1.5 calories you would have burned 0.5 x 60 x 16 hours = 480 extra calories.
13. This way in a week you will lose about 500 grams per week. If you want to burn faster than this you will need to walk more then 10 minutes per hour. May be every 30 minutes you will need to walk 10 minutes.
14. I am going to implement the above theory on myself. I will write my progress on daily basis here.
Weight Loss Blog 2016-04-04
Today is 04 April 2016
My height – 165 cms. or 5 inch 5 feet
My weight – 77 kg today morning.
My goal of food intake – 1800 to 2200 calories a day.
Sugar intake – 4 to 6 spoons a day.
My goal – walking for 2 to 3 hours a day. 2 hours walking will burn 540 calories extra. 3 hours will be 810 calories. This will make you lose 1 kg per week.
During the first 4 days of April 2016 I lost about 1.2 kg by following the above regimen.
Today I am trying to be more serious and bring in more clarity in the routine that I am following.
Weight Loss Blog 2016-04-04 – Highlights of today –
- By 12 noon I did 8 kms of walking and 1.5 kms of jogging. Another 5 to 6 kms will be done by the end of day.
- After each round of walking I will consume 1/2 small spoon sugar. I believe that will help me avoid inflammation due to high amount of waste that will be generated due to high calorie burning.
- Before each walking session of 10 minutes I will be drink 300 ml water.
- Total water intake 300 x 12 = 3600 ml
- Total sugar intake 2.5 grams x 8 = 20 grams in a day.
- Breakfast – 2 mooli prandha – 250 x 2 = 500 calories, 1 cup tea = 50 calories, desi ghee 5o calories sugar and fruits – another 100 calories – total – 700 calories breakfast.
- Total calories burned by this time 12 noon – 1340.
Grapes – 300 calories
By 5.45 pm I have done 19744 steps. Walked for 3 hours 10 minutes. 12.7 kms. 1965 calories burnt. Drank 8 glasses of water. Consumed about 2 spoons of sugar. And grapes.
Dinner was another 500-600 calories. May be another 200 calories in sugar and snacks.
To keep track of my calories etc I use Google Fit.
To keep track of time for my walking I am using Smart Alarm Free. This has very good features for snoozing. Once you set proper alarms, nobody can stop your weight loss.
Google Fit data for 4th April was – 29173 steps, 18 kms, and 2722 calories. Which was at least 500 calories more than I consumed.
One worrying thing that I noticed today was that even after drinking 12 or more glass of water (12x300ml = 3600 ml) I did not urinate more than 3-4 times. Total urine output was less then 500 ml in 24 hours. And the colour of the urine was sharp clear yellow.
So I decided to take the things easy for tomorrow.
My weight stayed at 77 kg.