- What is your opinion about brushing teeth?
- Is it any good?
- Does it have any health benefits?
- What are very serious disadvantages of brushing teeth?
While giving your opinion consider the following points –
What are the ingredients of Tooth Paste –
- Flouride – There is Health Warning on the Tooth Paste containing Fluoride just like smoking warning on cigarettes.
- Abrasive that aids in removing the dental plaque and food from the teeth
- Sugar – It is advertised that sugar is not good for your teeth and you need to brush more frequently because you eat too much of sugar.
- Mint – It stuns your taste buds. After Brushing your teeth with Tooth Paste you can not taste the foods and drinks.
- Detergents – That acts as foaming agent in tooth paste. Disadvantages of detergents or foaming agents is as under – Research indicates that sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), the agent used in some toothpastes to make it foam, may contribute to canker sores. SLS is widely used in health and beauty care products and is generally considered safe and effective. If you are prone to canker sores, however, you should ask your dentist to recommend a toothpaste that does not contain SLS
Salt and sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) can be used instead of toothpaste
Why we should not Brush our Teeth
- In the morning we have higher acid levels in our body. During the course of sleep our body carries out extensive repairs. In the process it increases acid levels to act as antibodies. Old people used to recommend application of saliva on Boils because it works as antibiotics. I used it myself and it works wonders.
- Combining high acids with abrasive material is bad for enamel.
- Kids have very soft layer of enamel and hence the need for tooth filling. This is inspite of the fact that there tooth paste as well as tooth brush is very soft.
- Mint or for that matter any flavour interferes with our digestion process. The taste buds give message to our brain. Based on these messages the body prepares adequate acids and enzymes to digest various foods. So Japenese scientists recommend that we should not eat or drink anything within 45 minutes before or after a meal.
- The tooth paste manufacturers recommend that we should brush our teeth after every meal.
- Drinking water and other fluids interferes with our digestion process. That is why the food remain undigested in our food pipe and stomach. Causing foul smell. If we stop drinking fluids after a meal, the foul smell will disappear within 2-3 days. There is no need for mouth freshers or rinse. Our ancestors never used these mouth wash, rinses etc and never smelled that bad.
- Rag picker’s kids have extremely bright and strong teeth. They do not die of heart attacks. Not more than 5% of poor kids have to get their tooth extracted.
- Kids of well to do people have poor teeth. More than 95% of kids of well to do families have tooth extracted before they reach 12 years of age.
- The study that concludes that brushing teeth 2 times a day reduces the chances of heart attacks may not have taken a good sample. A sample taken only of rag pickers will give entirely different conclusion. The chances are that it is hoax and it has been put in place by Tooth Paste Industry. Usually the details of the source of such information is not given.
In my opinion brushing teeth is worse thing to have happened to mankind.
- I do not brush my teeth more than twice in a month for last 6 years.
- I am 51 and in perfect health. My BP is 70/110. My Blood sugar is 80 to 120 fasting and post meal.
- I had severe osteoporosis about 8 years back, now my bones are stronger then these used to be at the age of 20.
- I eat lot of plain sugar, sweets and aams. I take extra salt in water for 2-3 days in a month.
- 2 years back I took extra salt (2 spoons a day for 18 months) by adding in drinking water.
- I do not exercise for last 2 years. I play badminton 2-3 times in a month. But that is very strenuous (2 to 3 hours).
- I do not get foul smell in my mouth. I often eat sweets just before going to bed.
- I never clean my mouth even by gargling. I do not drink water after meals. I never drink water after eating sweets.
- When I used to brush teeth, I used to smell awful. I tried lot of mouth wash and rinse. But they were of no use.
All the rich people have servants and enough help to make sure that their kids brush teeth twice a day.
- The result the tooth of kids of rich people are not even 1/100th of the teeth of a kid on the street.
- Poor kids who do not brush may be once in a month have teeth which give a complex to even Shah Rukh Khan or may be even Priyanka Chopra.
But we still believe in the advertisements of tooth brush manufacturers with blind eyes.