Itching Article at webmd
The most reputed web site offers the following advise.
- Use moisturizer to help heal the dry skin. – The web site does not warn people about the use of soaps, shampoos and deodorants on the skin. Why?
- Use 1% hydrocortisone cream (steroid based) – The web site also reports the side effects – It mentions – Itching, dry skin as the side effects. Why the dry skin is medically treated by creating the same symptoms that are the target of the treatment. Steroids dry down the blood in the area on which cream is applied. Due to lack of blood the distress signals are not transmitted to the brain, causing the cessation of the scratching urge. As soon as the blood supply is restored to the effected area by body’s natural defence system, Itching starts all over again. What really stopped webmd to give the correct and true picture? Why webmd cannot help people get rid of Itching permanently? That will cause the death of Shampoos, soaps, deodorants and pharma industry along with doctors.
- Cut your nails so that you can avoid scratching. That is the only thing that is supposed to help. But due to lack of proper perspective, people will not try this.
- Use of Anti-Histamines. Histamine is a hormone that controls fluid build up in the body in the effected areas. – For best option to manage the fluid in the body refer to the suggestions on the Home page of my web site.
Now let us look at what is the real solution –
- Do not dry your skin with use of soaps
- Do not scrub your skin with Towels.
- Do not wear V Shape under wears that has scrubbing effect all day causing build up of the fluid in the area where is scrubs causing spreading of bacteria. Moisturizer creams come with lubricant oils. These oils will reduce the effect of ongoing scrubbing to some extent. Wear boxers is a better solution.
- Wear Boxers while going to bed. That will give substantial relief.
Is there any web site that people can trust? Please do mention in the comments.
I personally find about.com to be relatively honest web site. http://allergies.about.com/od/fa1/f/antiitchcreams.htm
This web site says that out of the 3 types of anti-itch cream – hydrocortisone cream is a better option. However it falls short of full explanation and concludes that this should be taken under the advise of a physician. I think I did a better job by giving the pathology of the working of the hydrocortisone cream. It should be used only when the Itching has spead and is not coming under control. There after rest of the measures will help to get rid of itching for life.
What else could Help in Fast relief from Chronic Itching
It is fluid which rushes to the outer layers of the skin to get out of the skin. So there are imbalances in the body. To my mind these imbalances are caused due to lack of Blood glucose during sleep and inefficient working of the vital organs. Lack of sugar during sleep and inefficient working of the vital organs during sleep causes build up of the toxins in the body. These toxins have to move out of the body. Scratching is natural impulse to draw the fluid out of the skin.
A person who is regular consumer of vitamin C products suffers from acute Itching. He has otherwise very healthy lifestyle. Vitamin C causes excessive build up of the toxins in muscles and in outer layers of the skin. In nut shell the following things may help.
- Eating good amount of sugar just before going to bed is good to get relief from itching. That ensure better excretion from the body in most convenient way.
- Drinking water on alternate days.
- Day 1 – 200 ml of water in 12 equal doses equally spread thru out the day say every one hour.
- Day 2 – No water for the entire day.
- For explanation on why the above water routine will help in getting rid of Itching refer to the home page.
Itching is cause due to the following causes –
- Use of soaps on the skin and head.
- Bruising on the skin due to cotton towels
- Other chemicals like use of dettol etc in bathing water
- Wearing V Shape under weara. That has the effect of bruising on the skin. At least wear boxers on weakend days while at home or while in bed. That should provide enough of relief from itching on sustained basis.
Bruising causes accumulation of fluids under the skin. That becomes the breeding ground for bacteria and infections.
In case of Itching in any part of the body –
Use prescription medicines to get complete relief.
For permanent relief stop using soaps and other chemicals. Do rub the effected area with force. be gentle.
Remember that the prescription medicines contain steroids and cause impotency if used for long periods of time.
For mild itching use boxers for few days. Wash the effected portion 2 times. Morning and Evening. Avoid prescription ointments.
Soaps Shampoos and skin diseases
Who would believe that soaps and shampoos could be extremely harmful for the skin?
Yes believe it or not they are the only cause of –
- Sun Tanning
- Pimples, Acne
- Skin Itching
- Skin blisters
The other aggravating cause is hard rubbing by towels after bath.
The use of soaps increase during the age group 12 to 18 and so these problems start in that age group.
These problems are more prominent during summers because teens spend more time in bathroom – bathing during summers. Due to excessive sweating the children bath more often (2-3 times) during summers is another reason for these conditions of pimples, itching, tanning and blisters to happen in summers.
Itching is due to loss of natural skin oil. Itching lotions contain steroids. Steroids reduce fluids in skin and hence are harmful and cause impotency among people.
Some more links to read on Itching.
Got serious itching after using these steroids..
do steroids cause itching’?
Topical steroids can reduce itching, but they reduce blood flow to the skin, resulting in thinning of the skin and increased susceptibility to injury.
Itch Lotions Are Topical Steroid-Free Treatments
Itching Ointments Promote Impotency
We all use Itching Ointments without reading the inserts.
Do you know that Itching ointments contain steroids. That the long period use of Itching Ointments cause impotency?
Yes the ointments cause impotency. So that can not be the real cure. These ointments are not the real solutions. The body heals up against use of these ointments in most people and hence regular use is needed.
Itching Treatment Natural
Itching is caused due to excess of fluids in the area of itching. So the medicine treatments focus on reducing the fluids from the effected area. This is done by Antihistamine and steroids. Excess of fluids is caused due to some external impact (accident), scrubbing, bruising. Application of acidic soap and use of detergents also cause excess of fluid in that area.
But the best form of reduction of fluids is to restrict the fluid intake (restricting the fluid intake).
- Itching treatment consists of Antihistamin or Steroids medicines.
- Wikipedia Link is -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itch
- A variety of over-the-counter and prescription anti-itch drugs are available.
- Some plant products have been found to be effective anti-pruritics, others not.
Non-chemical remedies include cooling, warming, soft stimulation. Cooling also reduces the fluid build up in the area. warming or heating works by killing bacteria. Heat impacts the bacteria growth and is similar to antibiotics.
Topical antipruritics in the form of creams and sprays are often available over-the-counter. Oral anti-itch drugs also exist and are usually prescription drugs. The active ingredients usually belong to the following classes:
- Antihistamines such as diphenhydramine (Benadryl)
- Corticosteroids such as hydrocortisone topical cream, see topical steroid
- Counterirritants, such as mint oil, menthol, or camphor
- Crotamiton (trade name Eurax) is an antipruritic agent available as a cream or lotion often used to treat scabies. Its mechanism of action remains unknown.
- Local anesthetics such as benzocaine topical cream (Lanacane)
Treatment of Itching is (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itch) –
- Steroids (destroys the cells) and
- Antihistamine (reduces the fluid build up)
Histamine works by setting of a chain reaction which includes increase in blood supply to the area.
Antihistamines work by reducing the bluid up of fluid (blood) or by sedating.
Excessive fluid build is the main reason for Itching.
Build up of fluids in the layers of the skin will be caused due to use of moisturisers and soaps together.
Acids wash away the natural skin oils. That causes excessive supply of fluids to the soap washed skin.
Moisturisers are muscle relaxant. When applied externally, the moisturisers do not all the oils present in the skin to reach to surface due to passive nature of muscle relaxants.