Skip to content
Itching and Soaps
- Itching is caused due to dryness of the skin – Soaps also cause dryness of the skin.
- Itching is also caused due to moisture in parts of the body (skin folds). Soaps contain moisturizers as well.
- Sunburn also leads to Itching – Long period of heatng makes the oils rancid.
- liver disease also causes Itching – Liver is responsible for metabolism of oils.
- Metabolic disorders also cause itching – oil metabolism suffers which effect the skin oils.
- Hyperthyroidism also causes increased itching – Thyroid is responsible for controlling the way the energy is used in the body. Thyroid hormone directly effects the metabolism of the body and hence oils.
- Ingestion of tea also effects the oil metabolism. Tea consumption causes dryness of the skin. Tea consumption also leads to excessive Itching.
- Dandruff is also associated with dryness of the scalp. Dandruff is caused due to use of Shampoos. Shampoos contain detergents and other chemicals which remove oils from the scalp. Dandruff also causes Itching of the skin of scalp.
- Scrubbing hard after a bath also causes the skin to have bruising and loss of oils from the skin.
- Do not hard dry your skin after bath. Let the water remove some of the acids excreted from the skin.
- Washing more often with plain water is best done with plain water. Plain water does not remove the necessary oils from the skin. But does remove rest of the allergens, dirt, acids and other excretions of the skin.
- Itching is also caused due to use of synthetic fabrics. These fabrics do not absorb the acids in the sweat of the skin. The pH level of the skin increases due to use of soaps. Cotton absorbs the acids and hence gives a soothing feeling in case of itching.
- Use of Antibiotics also increase the itching. Antibiotics also cause dryness of the skin.
- Genital Itching is more prevalent among teens and young people. The cause is excessive use of soaps by teens.