Bed wetting is caused due to fluid imbalance in various compartments of the body.
My son, daughter and 4 children of my friends stopped wetting the bed within 3-4 days by following the following water routines.
Kids whose water intake is less then normal
- They should be encouraged to drink 50-100 ml water 10-12 times during the day.
- The water intake should be evenly spread over the day. Almost one water serving every hour. Time is important factor.
- The water intake should not be restricted during evening or just before the bed time.
- Water intake even few minutes before going to bed will have no adverse effect on bed wetting.
- After a week or so, let the child decide his water intake. Do not force. By this time the body would have adjusted the water intake needs and will demand on its own.
Kids whose water intake is more then normal
- Add a pinch of salt in 3-4 serving of the water.
- It will cause the water to stay longer in the body and the child will tend to drink less water on its own.
- The reduction in water intake should be carefully monitored.
- After 7 days the addition of salt to water should be stopped. The body would adjust the water intake automatically.
In most of the cases bed wetting will stop in 1-2 days. At the most it will take 6-7 days.
In case of relapse, repeat the above steps for 2-3 days and the problem will be resolved.
Side effects of bed wetting
There could be more side effects of bed wetting. I have experienced and seen the following side effects in children who suffered from bed wetting.
- Poor eye sight
- graying of hair at young age
- cold and cough, sinus etc
Bed wetting in Adults
Adults may try the following for bed wetting cure:
- Day 1 – Drink 200 ml water 10-12 times during the day with one hour to 90 minutes gap. Avoid tea and most of other liquids. Normal meals.
- Day 2 – Drink no water or other liquids for entire day. That will make it almost 36 hours without water if you add night hours as well.
Do not continue drinking water 10-12 times a day for rest of life. Drinking so much water is harmful. Let the body decide how much water it needs.