- Healthy people empty bowels after 10 to 12 hours of dehydration.
- Tea is first choice to people to beat constipation. Tea is dehydrating.
- Lemon water is second choice. Lemon is dehydrating.
- Walking for few minutes in the morning is another choice, Walking is dehydrating.
- The chances of constipation are very high among Old people. Old people drink more water. They move less. That means old people over hydrate and dehydrate much less due to reduced physical movements.
- The chances of constipation are much higher among pregnant women. Pregnant women move less. They over hydrate themselves. Fruit juices are common among them.
Hydration and Dehydration are both very important aspects for maintaining very good health.
If a person is drinking less than 1 litres of water and is constipated, he should increase his water intake to 2 to 3 litres a day.
If a person is drinking more than 3 litres of water for last 2 months and is constipated, than he should restrict his water intake to less than 1.5 litres a day. And preferably less than 500 ml for at least 3-4 days.