Itching Article at webmd
The most reputed web site offers the following advise.
- Use moisturizer to help heal the dry skin. – The web site does not warn people about the use of soaps, shampoos and deodorants on the skin. Why?
- Use 1% hydrocortisone cream (steroid based) – The web site also reports the side effects – It mentions – Itching, dry skin as the side effects. Why the dry skin is medically treated by creating the same symptoms that are the target of the treatment. Steroids dry down the blood in the area on which cream is applied. Due to lack of blood the distress signals are not transmitted to the brain, causing the cessation of the scratching urge. As soon as the blood supply is restored to the effected area by body’s natural defence system, Itching starts all over again. What really stopped webmd to give the correct and true picture? Why webmd cannot help people get rid of Itching permanently? That will cause the death of Shampoos, soaps, deodorants and pharma industry along with doctors.
- Cut your nails so that you can avoid scratching. That is the only thing that is supposed to help. But due to lack of proper perspective, people will not try this.
- Use of Anti-Histamines. Histamine is a hormone that controls fluid build up in the body in the effected areas. – For best option to manage the fluid in the body refer to the suggestions on the Home page of my web site.
Now let us look at what is the real solution –
- Do not dry your skin with use of soaps
- Do not scrub your skin with Towels.
- Do not wear V Shape under wears that has scrubbing effect all day causing build up of the fluid in the area where is scrubs causing spreading of bacteria. Moisturizer creams come with lubricant oils. These oils will reduce the effect of ongoing scrubbing to some extent. Wear boxers is a better solution.
- Wear Boxers while going to bed. That will give substantial relief.
Is there any web site that people can trust? Please do mention in the comments.
I personally find about.com to be relatively honest web site. http://allergies.about.com/od/fa1/f/antiitchcreams.htm
This web site says that out of the 3 types of anti-itch cream – hydrocortisone cream is a better option. However it falls short of full explanation and concludes that this should be taken under the advise of a physician. I think I did a better job by giving the pathology of the working of the hydrocortisone cream. It should be used only when the Itching has spead and is not coming under control. There after rest of the measures will help to get rid of itching for life.
What else could Help in Fast relief from Chronic Itching
It is fluid which rushes to the outer layers of the skin to get out of the skin. So there are imbalances in the body. To my mind these imbalances are caused due to lack of Blood glucose during sleep and inefficient working of the vital organs. Lack of sugar during sleep and inefficient working of the vital organs during sleep causes build up of the toxins in the body. These toxins have to move out of the body. Scratching is natural impulse to draw the fluid out of the skin.
A person who is regular consumer of vitamin C products suffers from acute Itching. He has otherwise very healthy lifestyle. Vitamin C causes excessive build up of the toxins in muscles and in outer layers of the skin. In nut shell the following things may help.
- Eating good amount of sugar just before going to bed is good to get relief from itching. That ensure better excretion from the body in most convenient way.
- Drinking water on alternate days.
- Day 1 – 200 ml of water in 12 equal doses equally spread thru out the day say every one hour.
- Day 2 – No water for the entire day.
- For explanation on why the above water routine will help in getting rid of Itching refer to the home page.